Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sick Tummy Makes Me A Sad Pancake

Ok, so here is a quick glimpse into the humor that exists in our household. I made pancakes for dinner again on Saturday night, and as I mentioned before, I cook a mean flapjack. This time, however, on the third pancake, I wasn't paying attention, and it overcooked a little too much for my liking. No problem, I just set that pancake on a plate off to the side and went on to cook the rest of the pancakes. Mike and I sat down to enjoy a good dinner, and afterwards, he was taking the dishes into the kitchen when he came across the lone pancake, still off to the side on its plate. Since the pancake wasn't burned, but merely a little overcooked, Mike asked me why there was a pancake sitting off to the side, all by itself. Once I explained my reasons, Mike got very quiet in the kitchen for a few seconds. Next thing I knew, I could hear him giggling to himself in the kitchen.. then he called my name, and when I looked up to see what he wanted, he was holding this:




and he said "being left alone makes this pancake a sad pancake".

Now, I don't know if it was the unexpected nature of what he had done by drawing a face on it, the fact that the pancake now looked like an emoticon of the food world, or if it was the ability he has to find humor in every situation, but it cracked me up. I couldn't stop laughing. And when I finally did, he just held up the pancake again and started telling me the reasons why I made this pancake a "sad pancake". I tell you what, that man knows how to make me laugh. And I truly find it a gift to be able to see the humor in the little things in life.

As for the rest of the title of today's post... I spent Sunday night and Monday morning with an upset stomach, and in fact, I stayed home from work yesterday, which is partially to blame for me not posting yesterday. And just when I got over it, Mike seemed to catch the same bug.

Luckily, we are both feeling better healthwise, and are, in fact, no longer sad pancakes.

I hope you all are doing well, and that all your pancakes have smiles today.

9 comments:

  1. Sad pancake is sad. :(

    I'm still fighting this bug, whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! Even funnier is the other comment on this post is from your husband about the pancake being sad. You guys crack me up. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't husbands great! At times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Are you a Tech fan too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelle~ thanks, he cracks me up like this all the time!
    Lisa~ indeed they are, and I was really blessed with a great one.
    Courtney~ I am a non-native Texan, and as such, I don't exactly have loyalties to any one college team, but I have lots of friends that are die hard Tech fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ICLW!

    HA! I love it! I love having silly fun like that. Especially with objects that aren't animated at all!

    Glad ya'll are feeling better!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI!!

    Just returning a little bloggy love! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Please feel free to come back by anytime. :)

    I was reading back over some of your posts and found my self smiling and laughing and generally agreeing with a lot that you had to say. It was a lovely time! Thanks for an enjoyable few moments in my otherwise hectic day.

    Loved the pancake story...so cute! Glad that you're on the mend. :)

    *Happy ICLW Week*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you're both feeling better. That "sad pancake" story, and especially the photo, made me a "happy pancake" today for sure :)

    :: ICLW ::

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny! I love making pancakes and maybe I'll make some happy pancakes this weekend.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete