Friday, September 25, 2009

Migraines are teh debil!

I fought all day yesterday with a migraine, a constant back and forth battle that went from the verge of victory to admitted defeat. I took the pain pills, I stretched out on the bed when I could, I took it as easy as possible, I still managed a full day of work. I went to bed last night finally, with the feeling that the evil migraine from hell was almost gone, only to wake up at 1am with my head splitting so badly that I thought I was going to be sick. I slowly climbed out of bed, took some more meds, and lay back down until the pain went away enough for me to sleep again.

This morning? I am doing much better. The pain is gone now, and I am only left with that mind haze that a really bad migraine leaves behind. That feeling in the back of your skull that the pain is laughing and pointing a finger at you and chanting "neener, neener" and you know that it could come back, and yet it hasn't yet.

I hope today goes smoothly. I hope this low pressure weather system breaks and moves on so that my head can stop working like a barometer.

And I want my day back from yesterday. I feel cheated.

I am ready for this weekend, for sure. I need time with Mike, to unwind, to relax, to enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I hate migraines! I get the kind where I lose my vision first. I hope you have a much better day today, and that it doesn't come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your headache completely fades for your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...I get weather induced migraines and they are horrendous. Hope you feel 100% and your migraines stay away for a while.

    ReplyDelete